Information for oral presenters
- All lecture rooms will be equipped with a computer running Microsoft Windows 7/8, Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please save your presentation in either Office 2003 / 2007 / 2010 format or pdf with the following filename: PRESENTER_DATE_TIME_first four words of TITLE. Use the date and time format as in this example: Smith_Sept2_0900_title first four words.ppt (or pptx, or pdf). No computer running Mac OS will be available.
- Please transfer your file to the computer in the room where your presentation is scheduled, as early as possible and at least 1 hour before the start of your session. Place the file (and all accompanied media) in the appropriate folder on the desktop and check that is running well. If you experience any problems, please come up to the Easy Conferences desk.
- Introduce yourself to the session chair upon arrival at the presentation room.
- Please take any presentation materials away with you; anything left at the end of the conference will be discarded.
INFORMATION FOR SHORT PAPER PRESENTATIONS
Please note that all short paper presentations will also be accompanied with poster presentations. Short presentations will be carried out for 2 minutes with 2 slides per presentation.
Poster presentations will be considered for the Poster Paper Competition.
Papers will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Q1. Is the scientific contribution of the work to the field real and identifiable? (35%);
Q2. What is the technical quality of the paper? (35%);
Q3. Is the paper formatted and put together well (30%).
First, Second, and Third place winners will be selected based on the technical merits of the work and professionalism of the presentation.
The three overall winners will receive an engraved plaque and an honorarium of 300 Euro for the first place winner, 200 Euro for the second place winner, and 100 Euro for the third place winner.
Information for Poster Preparation
- The poster format is portrait with dimensions of max. 90 cm wide and 120 cm high. We recommend a size of 85 cm wide and 120 cm high (DIN A0 size)
- All posters must be brought in printed form, please note that printing facilities will not be available at the conference site.
- Poster boards will showcase on them the poster number that is noted in the conference programme. You do not need to print your poster number on the poster.
- Make sure your title, authors and affiliated institution/s are clearly visible at the top of your presentation; it is common to include your institution logo on the poster.
- The key to a good poster is not to include too much text. Short sentences and paragraphs, or even bullets, along with visual aids to present the findings (such as graphs), make the poster more attractive and easier to follow.
- We recommend that you have copies of a handout with your details and, if possible, an A4/Legal version of your presentation to give to interested delegates.
- The posters should be mounted in Megaron A&B room on the morning of Monday the 18th of April and should be dismounted by the end of the day on Tuesday the 19th of April. Posters remaining after the end of the day on Tuesday the 19th of April will be removed and recycled.
- Please be present near your poster during the coffee and lunch breaks on Monday the 18th of April and Tuesday the 19th of April.
- A 2 minute poster presentation (2 slides) is scheduled on Monday the 18th of April. Please bring this presentation with you (.ppt or .pdf) and make sure it is copied over on the conference laptop and that it works correctly at least one hour before the session.